Dedicated to my burning desire to get out of the rat race and stop scrabbling behind the sofa for loose change, this blog will follow my intended success in the field of writing! Join me, a 28 year old bride-to-be as I embark on the most exciting career change I hope I'll ever have...

Friday 30 July 2010

Thursday pleasure = Friday pain


At almost 29 years of age, I'd hardly call myself "past it", but judging by the monstrous hangover I have been suffering with all day, my liver begs to differ. In fact, at precisely 6:40 am this morning when my alarm pierced my brain like a pneumatic drill, I think my body auto-piloted out of bed and in to the bathroom, pausing only to glance at my sleeping fiance and hating him for a brief second for having a job that doesn't start at 08:30. Last night we were out celebrating his best friend/best man's birthday and despite it being a "school night", we lapsed in to those days of youth when you didn't care if you got your 8 hours a night as your body could hack it. Unfortunately, those days were left behind with the Alcopops and the Rimmel Heather Shimmer lipstick. I should have resisted when the rounds of Sambuca started flying round, I should not have agreed to the tenth vodka and coke and I certainly should NOT have demolished a Tesco cheese twist and a donut on the way home. Crawling in to bed at 1:30 this morning, laughing and philosophising about our evening, the world of reality seemed a million miles away (not the pathetic several hours that it was). All day waves of nausea have washed over my stomach, teasing me with how much I can stand before the Tsunami of vomit overcomes it. Having managed to resist riding the crest of hurl all day, I am now settling down with a box of Jaffa Cakes and Big Brother. Worringly, I have also been having flashbacks of the titbits I was given of the potential best man's speech and I can't remember if I actually drunkenly dreamt it or not. Let's just say it will either be hilarious.... or horrendous.

No comments:

Post a Comment