Dedicated to my burning desire to get out of the rat race and stop scrabbling behind the sofa for loose change, this blog will follow my intended success in the field of writing! Join me, a 28 year old bride-to-be as I embark on the most exciting career change I hope I'll ever have...

Friday 16 July 2010

7 days, 3 firsts...


Aaaahhh.... weekend. Always seems to take forever to get here and when it does, you find yourself watching "Where the Heart Is" and setting your alarm for work the next day in no time. As I'm just about to go out for a well deserved meal and try and avoid ordering the fried cheese in our local italian, I thought I'd post a quick blog about my very first publication!! This week has been a first for me in a few ways; 1) My first time eating beetroot in 28 years! 2) The first time I had to witness a vet taking an animal's temperature.. and 3) The very first time I have had an article printed in a magazine! Yes, if anyone subscribes to the brand new magazine, Vintage Life, turn to page 44 and you'll be witness to my claim! As I write blogs and articles for my sisters company, Vintage Twee, I was so proud when the magazine asked us to write something for them about the company. And not only do we have a column once, they have asked us to make it a regular feature when the magazine is out bi-monthly! This is an amazing opportunity for me to display my writing skills and I'm hoping I receive some good feedback! The magazine itself is an amazing read on all things vintage and is a must for fans of past era's. I'm desperate to try and re-create some of the hairstyle tutorials ... however until I leave more than 10 minutes to get ready in the morning before work, I think I'll have to stick to the pony tail! www.vintagelifemagazine.com to order your copy!


Enjoy the weekend, I'm off to indulge and add at least an inch to each thigh...



No comments:

Post a Comment