Dedicated to my burning desire to get out of the rat race and stop scrabbling behind the sofa for loose change, this blog will follow my intended success in the field of writing! Join me, a 28 year old bride-to-be as I embark on the most exciting career change I hope I'll ever have...

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Now let me begin...

....By saying how much I've wanted to do this since I first heard the B word (Blog, of course). Time after time, excuse after excuse.. basically, I've just never got round to it. I love to write, always have done. However, aside from the ability to always have a reason that I can't possibly go for a run, I really thought that the branch of the creative tree must have snapped off before I had a chance to land on it! That all changed a few months ago when my fantastically talented sister took the leap in to following a dream and set up her own company, Vintage Twee. Selling hand crafted table decor for weddings, parties and events in a vintage inspired theme, she gave me the opportunity to write her blog. Since then, I've received nothing but encouraging compliments on my writing style and THIS IS IT! I've decided to leap myself. Currently I'm in a full time job, planning a wedding, playing mum to my two new kittens and attempting to lose a stone in 3 months without surviving solely on polysterene (also known as Ryvita's). But my aim is to prove to myself and any other 20-30 somethings feeling a little lost in life, that all it takes is a little confidence and a whole lot of patience...

2 comments:

  1. Welcome!! Now, I have a problem with the false representation of these kittens...where are the photos of them clambering on my laptop and stopping me from working all last week?! Hmmm..i think I shall reveal the REAL Larry and Evie on Vintage Twee's blog next time... :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I shall post pictures of my scratched hands, my violated shag pile rug and the chewed up laptop lead! Anyway, shhhhh... they are asleep and thats how I like it!
    x

    ReplyDelete